Full-Time Administrative Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Administrative Assistant for High School on Long Island
The administrative assistant will have significant interaction with the administration, faculty and parents and must provide full support to all.
Candidate must not only take initiative, but anticipate the administrations’ and faculty’s needs in advance and meet them. The responsibility will be on the administrative assistant to make sure the school is running smoothly and professionally. The administrative assistant must not only stay on top of their own deadlines, but deadlines of faculty.
The administrative assistant is often the first point of contact between the school and all outsiders. As such, it is key that the administrative assistant understand the school’s Mission Statement and act in a way that maintains the standards of the school.
Hours: M – Th: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
F: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Salary commensurate with experience
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- general office work
- management of calendar
- manage database and other programs
- parent correspondences
- staff-wide communications
- maintain contact lists for all parents and students
- application processing
- have strong communication skills
- have strong interpersonal skills
- have excellent computer skills that include full working knowledge of
Microsoft Office: word/outlook/excel/PowerPoint
- be a self-starter with a high level of professionalism
- be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- have ability to effectively multi-task
- have a positive “can do” attitude
- be a problem solver
- recognize and set priorities
- strong technological skills a plus
107 total views, 1 today