Full-Time Check Processing Clerk
Real Estate Management office looking for a check processing clerk.
- Posting of all incoming payments
- Sorting of payment vouchers and checks by entity
- Deposit checks
- Posting deposits to ledger
- Contact clients to inquire about the status of outstanding A/R.
- Collaborate with project managers and billing department to resolve A/R issues
- Record comments regarding the status of outstanding balances.
- Update system for fees based on failure to pay timely.
- Enter changes, accurately post payments, and follows-up in accordance with the protocol with an emphasis on maximizing revenue.
- Generate monthly aging reports
- Generate Misc. Reports from the A/R system.
- Generate and distribute monthly statements of accounts/payment reminders to clients
- Respond to client request for invoices, W-9 forms, and other documentation.
- Maintain client deposit accounts.
- Calculate and adjust client A/R amounts as required.
- Maintain organized files and proper documentation for internal and audit inquiries.
- Assist A/R Manager and Financial team with special projects as needed.
- Assist to generate and analyze daily aging of accounts via the billing systems to determine appropriate follow up for non- payment and delayed payment accounts, as well as to ensure compliance.
- Work with clients files to insure proper information is in system and payment amounts are updated
- Assist Legal Department in preparation and processing of delinquencies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Prefer having experience in a Real Estate Management office.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Attention to Detail, Highly Organized, Problem Solving, Multi-Tasking, Reconciling
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Adheres to the agency’s corporate compliance program, including the code of business conduct, the NYS and federal false claims acts, whistleblower protections and mandatory reporting. Completes corporate compliance training at least annually. Fully cooperates in all corporate compliance investigations and reviews.
Quick walk to LIRR and easy access to highways.
335 total views, 2 today