Full-Time Supermarket Delivery Manager
In the role of Delivery Manager, you’ll oversee the workings of our daily grocery deliveries while managing a team of employed
shoppers, drivers and other delivery-related staff. You’ll plan delivery routes and be an experienced and hands-on leader, diving in to
work side-by-side with your team to stay up to date on their duties, challenges and accomplishments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads, manages, and provides performance feedback to a team of shoppers, delivery drivers and others that are responsible for
creating a wonderful delivery experience for our customers.
- Communicates with all customers on shopping and delivery requests.
- Plans and communicates daily delivery route information.
- Implements and monitors online tracking system for all shoppers, drivers and deliveries.
- Implements feedback-based delivery system, improving on weak areas based on feedback.
- Interacts with our customers, via digital platforms and in-store, representing the company in a courteous, professional manner.
- Oversees company-owned vehicles in association with the operating team.
- Ensures work areas are area clean & organized.
- Provides associates direction on all tasks; provides/collects feedback to/from associates on performance.
- Facilitates getting feedback from entire delivery team on process improvements.
- Facilitates messaging to management team on daily basis about customer satisfaction, inventory, company, etc.
Performs the following managerial duties:
- Hiring and on-boarding new associates.
- Creating training manuals for each job in the delivery pipeline, ensuring on-boarding new associates is seamless.
- Training, developing and coaching associates.
- Scheduling, reviewing hours, approving overtime and submitting time for payroll processing.
- Helps develop and rollout of new process improvements. Collects process improvements feedback for the team (as requested).
High School diploma or equivalent. College degree a plus.
Good communication skills.
Time management skills.
Previous work in the areas of managing delivery department or in a supermarket is not required, though a plus.
Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets such as Excel
General understanding of how to use standard computer operating systems such as Windows or Mac OS.
General understanding of how to use tablets / smartphones.
General understanding of how to use printers, bar-code scanners.
Ability to use warehousing software after training.
Ability to use standard warehousing tools such as box cutters, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
Proficiency in spoken / written English.
Must own a smartphone that can be used for work.
Periodically drives in heavy traffic in urban city centers and on freeways.
Able to climb stairs with up to 3-4 bags of groceries.
Able to lift 40 lbs
Individuals may be required to perform many tasks within the store, which may not be detailed in this job description from time to
time. This job description may be subject to changes as the business might dictate.
We are seeking a talented and driven Delivery Manager with the passion and desire to want to move forward with their career,
progress and be part of something that is growing.
1765 total views, 5 today